Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Salmon

A tiny break out of the rut.

Grilled salmon, direct raised grid at 400.  EVOO and Tsunami rub.  Skin side down for 15 minutes, flesh side down for 5.

The cabbage and tomatoes in the salad are from our garden.

Great lunch for tomorrow.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 6,201
    Great looking cook! I have never like salmon except for lox. Might have to give it a go on the egg.
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,156
    hapster said:
    Great looking cook! I have never like salmon except for lox. Might have to give it a go on the egg.
    I love lox (cold smoked salmon), but I bet you would like a hot smoke salmon.  You can eat it hot, or chill completely.

I do mine by coating with a favorite rub (Traeger Sweet works) or marinating (Dichickos Garlic), or just lashing something together with usually includes brown sugar.

Refrigerate overnight under plastic wrap.  Let sit a few hours in the fridge either tented or just uncovered.

Cook indirect raised grid at as close to 180 you can hold, with a mild smoke until the temp is 125-130 with the albumin leaking out.

Serve hot, or cold, with crackers, cream cheese, cucumber and lemon.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
    Oops, previous pic was a before.  Here's an after.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Looks good. I like adding some maple syrup.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    can't beat it, just do not overcook.
    ·
  • Looks great.  I usually put a tab of butter on mine.  Thanks for sharing the hot smoked recipe.  It's bookmarked.  Won't have time this weekend, but next week for sure.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,447

Looks great!

I'm doing grouper tonight - what IT should I cook it to? Similar to salmon? I have smoked salmon before with great results, but have not tried other fish.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
    caliking said:

Looks great!

I'm doing grouper tonight - what IT should I cook it to? Similar to salmon? I have smoked salmon before with great results, but have not tried other fish.

I would say so, but check to see if it is flaky.  Is it skin on fillets?  I flipped the salmon due to force of habit, actually you don't have to flip from the skin side if your dome is good and hot.

Pasquali Luciano

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,968
    Nice looking meal!
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

·