Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgating with Small..in the back yard

CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
Was all setup for some parrot head Egging at the Jimmy Buffet concert today in Austin, but it was postponed due to freak winter storm. So came back home and cooked in the back yard. ABTs, cheeseburgers, corn, all raised direct. First cook since getting the Egg Carten, which made it much easier to get the small in/out of the car. The new gasket I put on yesterday held up fine and made temperature control much easier.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Jimmy showed up at KLBJ's radio station and played ping pong with Jeff Ward. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Justacookin
    Justacookin Posts: 291
    Nice looking cook. I am dreaming about corn on the cob. last year it was already in the ground this year we got a foot of snow last night in southern Minnesota.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Looking really good!   Just curious...did you have the corn foiled the entire cook or just at the end?  It looks like it has some nice char on it.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    @SmokeyPitt - I had the corn foiled the entire time, but I used a single layer of regular (thin) foil and was cooking raised direct which on the Small still isn't that far from the coals. Misted with EVOO and a little salt and pepper. Turned out nicely.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited May 2013
    Great test tailgate! Too bad you Buffett show was postponed hopefully next time around the weather cooperates.

I do corn like that all the time and love it. I've heard dizzy pig pineapple head is really good on it so I will give that a shot next time.

The eggcarten makes it to where you want to travel with your egg all the time!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I'll take one of those plates please :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Nice cheeseburger. Your backyard must be paradise.

However, you're pics beg the question: where is the cold draft beer and french fried potatoes?
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    I'm wondering if he found his lost shaker of salt.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I'm wondering if he found his lost shaker of salt.

Well played sir.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX