Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Mini Platesetter and Mini question

HicHic Posts: 350
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum

Is there a new Mini that has a notched fire ring, like the new larges? I'm wondering b/c I want to order a mini but I'm worried, I'd get an older stocked mini that wouldn't fit the new platesetter.

Thanks

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,462
    Don't get the platesetter. Better options for indirect. Mini woo and pizza stones
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,709
    Platesetter looks pretty neat. Looks like you dont raise the grid so you get more cooking space. Ive smashed down a few oversized cooks with th woo and stones.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,309
    edited May 2013
    Yes the new mini has slots made in the fire ring, I'm a plate setter kind a guy

XLBGE 
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    edited May 2013
    @Lit has the old ring and made the notches to work with the platesetter. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1150687/mini-to-the-max#latest

You can always make sure the dealer is giving you a new fire ring. Unless your getting a sweet deal by buying a older one..
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 851
    I have last year's model and it has the notches. I had no choice but to get the mini woo and stones, and I really like them. I won't order the plate setter. (I have one for the large that I like a great deal.)
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • HicHic Posts: 350
    I have the old old ring and the platesetter completely covers the hole.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,028
    Hic I would hit up the retail store to make sure you get a new one unless you are getting a great deal. The plate setter has not been available very long so I doubt you will get a new package unless you go to tucker. The new fire ring was $37 and plate setter was $35. The plate setter gives you much more indirect room than the woo.
    ·