Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some Flat Irons and a Ribeye (Pictures Included)

Options
It's been sometime since we've had steaks here and after receiving some great news on a new career for myself yesterday my wife decided it was time for a surprise and delight with some steaks.

Rubbed the ribeye down with some cow lick and the flat irons with some raising the steaks.  For some reason the Cow Lick lacked the punch it normally has perhaps I didn't put enough on but you'll be able to tell from the picture if I did or not...

Had the temp up to 550 or so and threw the thicker cuts on first

Seared on the first side for about 2.5 minutes and flipped....Still wish I had my cast iron grates but that's on my agenda

All of them off the grill and resting

With a plated picture of the ribeye....It went a little over the temp I normally like it but it was still fantastic.  Slice of watermelon and some loaded tater tots (cheese, bacon and ranch)

Overall an excellent meal and it was so good to have steak again but I still have to figure out why I felt the Cow Lick was lacking that punch it normally has.
Large BGE

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    That's a great meal. You are forgiven for your crime against the tots - for they are perfect and any toppings or additives just distracts one from their greatness.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    That looks good! I need to do steaks soon. 

I've only used Cow Lick on burgers and the famous chili recipe. I will need to try it on steaks. 

Congratulations on a new career news! Best of luck to you! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    That's a great meal. You are forgiven for your crime against the tots - for they are perfect and any toppings or additives just distracts one from their greatness.
    Crime?  Hah, come on they have cheese and bacon on top of them.  I think anything with cheese and bacon on top of them makes the world a better place :)
    Large BGE

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Congrats on the new career, Eddie! Steaks look great from here and I'd kill for some tots right now...especially with bacon and cheese. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Congrats, what's the new job/career?
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    That plated picture is awsome !!  Rib eye looks perfect!
  • EddieK76
    Options
    Congrats, what's the new job/career?
    Working as the head of customer support for a mobile app company which specializes in developing sports related apps for scouts, coaches, fans and anyone else who wants to use it.  Fantastic future with this company and I'm basically on the ground up....Been around for 2 years and they had 5k teams using the app and now they are at 90k teams.  They just developed one for basketball and will be moving on to other sports besides basketball and baseball.
    Large BGE

• EddieK76
    Options
    That plated picture is awsome !!  Rib eye looks perfect!
    Thanks!
    Large BGE