Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Another Brazilian cook!

calikingcaliking Posts: 4,518
This cook was inspired by @Federalist226 and his Brazilian Churrasco! thread.

Based on a tip from him, i moseyed on down to Central Market to check out their Passaporte Brazil offerings (on until May 7th). I was like a kid in a candy store! I was mainly looking for the v-shaped skewers, but they had other shiny ones too. Picked up 4 of each kind. I don't know why I'm on a hardware acquisition spree recently.

I have a thing for skewers, and i've always wanted ones with nice handles. The v-shaped one on the left is a great deal - $5 each, sturdy, stainless steel, and the meat has virtually no chance to spin because of the shape of the skewer. The 2-pronged ones will come in handy for veggies, smaller meats, shrimp, etc. And the big swords (on the right) were just too shiny and cool to pass up. If SWMBO ever finds out how much I actually spent on all these skewers, I have a pretty good idea what she's going to use them for. 

Got to thinking (always dangerous), and figured I needed a way to organize and hold my skewers. Thought about it overnight, got home from work early and came up with this... behold the Skewer Horse! Too impatient to wait for buying decent wood, so the first protoype is built out of 2x4's. I will probably build one for my tandoor skewers as well. 

Also picked up some parmesan crusted pork tenderloin.

Rolled the small egg out, and got her ready. Used Wicked Good for the first time, and I think I'm sold on it - lit up fast, no sparks, nice aroma as it burned.

Cooked at about 325ish for 15-20 minutes per side, until the IT was about 165. Meant to pull them at 150, but i got distracted (read= ran out of beer outside).

SWMBO made a salad with white balsamic vinaigrette (picked up in Salado btw), pecans and craisins. Hers had gorgonzola too,

[No plated shot since the lighting in my kitchen sucks :( ]

This was a luxury meal for a weeknight, and took little effort to put together. I love my egg(s)!

Next up: picanha!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments