Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Some Flat Irons and a Ribeye (Pictures Included)

It's been sometime since we've had steaks here and after receiving some great news on a new career for myself yesterday my wife decided it was time for a surprise and delight with some steaks.

Rubbed the ribeye down with some cow lick and the flat irons with some raising the steaks.  For some reason the Cow Lick lacked the punch it normally has perhaps I didn't put enough on but you'll be able to tell from the picture if I did or not...

Had the temp up to 550 or so and threw the thicker cuts on first

Seared on the first side for about 2.5 minutes and flipped....Still wish I had my cast iron grates but that's on my agenda

All of them off the grill and resting

With a plated picture of the ribeye....It went a little over the temp I normally like it but it was still fantastic.  Slice of watermelon and some loaded tater tots (cheese, bacon and ranch)

Overall an excellent meal and it was so good to have steak again but I still have to figure out why I felt the Cow Lick was lacking that punch it normally has.

Comments