Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bombs Away

Chicken Bomb Bandwagon.  Roasted the jalapenos a bit to soften them up.  Sharp Cheddar and cream cheese filling.  Boneless skinless thighs from Costco - trimmed and pounded out a little bit.  wrapped with 2 peices of bacon.  Raised, direct @ 350 for about an hour... up to 400 at the end to crips the bacon. Sauced with a mixture of Sweet Baby Rays and Sticky Fingers.  Really good.  Even my wife who will not eat dark meat loved them.

·

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Look very good, I gotta get on that wagon
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,539
    Dude those look beautiful.  I think roasting the pepper first is a good idea.  The pig candy shell looks wonderful!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,121
    There is nothing wrong with the Bomb Bandwagon, it's a fun one to be on! :P
    Gorgeous shot and great idea roasting the peppers first.  Now I have to make them again... darn. ;)
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    I'm thinking I might have to hop on the wagon for my kentucky derby party on saturday! Those look awesome!  =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,417
    I'd get on the wagon but my wife is always mentioning wagons...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 995
    Great cook!  2 pieces of bacon each - genius.  Can anyone achieve 3 - can our current state of technology and food science bring us this far? I see a future with a bacon wrapped turducken ABT.

@henapple, there is a country song about wagons.. "I ain't drinking any more.... but I ain't drinking any less"
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 335
    Those look amazing!
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • fusionhqfusionhq Posts: 1,506
    When do you like to sauce?
    ·
  • KingtUTKingtUT Posts: 131
    Looks awesome. Can't believe the chicken didn't dry out after cooking it that long. Awesome!
    ·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    =D>
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·