Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bombs Away

Chicken Bomb Bandwagon.  Roasted the jalapenos a bit to soften them up.  Sharp Cheddar and cream cheese filling.  Boneless skinless thighs from Costco - trimmed and pounded out a little bit.  wrapped with 2 peices of bacon.  Raised, direct @ 350 for about an hour... up to 400 at the end to crips the bacon. Sauced with a mixture of Sweet Baby Rays and Sticky Fingers.  Really good.  Even my wife who will not eat dark meat loved them.

·

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Look very good, I gotta get on that wagon
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,978
    Dude those look beautiful.  I think roasting the pepper first is a good idea.  The pig candy shell looks wonderful!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,098
    There is nothing wrong with the Bomb Bandwagon, it's a fun one to be on! :P
    Gorgeous shot and great idea roasting the peppers first.  Now I have to make them again... darn. ;)
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    I'm thinking I might have to hop on the wagon for my kentucky derby party on saturday! Those look awesome!  =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,841
    I'd get on the wagon but my wife is always mentioning wagons...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 953
    Great cook!  2 pieces of bacon each - genius.  Can anyone achieve 3 - can our current state of technology and food science bring us this far? I see a future with a bacon wrapped turducken ABT.

@henapple, there is a country song about wagons.. "I ain't drinking any more.... but I ain't drinking any less"
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 332
    Those look amazing!
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • fusionhqfusionhq Posts: 1,477
    When do you like to sauce?
    ·
  • KingtUTKingtUT Posts: 129
    Looks awesome. Can't believe the chicken didn't dry out after cooking it that long. Awesome!
    ·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    =D>
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·