Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Source for decent beef ribs

egger ave
egger ave Posts: 721
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone found a source for decent beef ribs? Most of them I can find have trimmed to the bone.
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments

• ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    The Walmart Neighborhood Market by me in Chicago usually has good cryovac beef ribs
    Pentwater, MI
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    You have to get them to hold you some meat when they are cutting rib-eyes.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Not yet 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    the best beef ribs ive ever found was from "the meathouse" . maybe ones near you
    http://www.themeathouse.com/locations.aspx
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @egger ave: I feel your pain. Around here (Houston) there's no beef on the beef ribs. Haven't found a place that will cut some to order yet. I'm amazed that you can't find a real butcher here.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    caliking said:
    @egger ave: I feel your pain. Around here (Houston) there's no beef on the beef ribs. Haven't found a place that will cut some to order yet. I'm amazed that you can't find a real butcher here.
    It has been years since I could buy dino ribs. Cryovac ribs at HEB are OK but not worth the trouble IMHO. I have been plating with short ribs but they are not the same.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    around here (thunder bay,canada) all the butchers sell them to the local resturants, the odd time you can get some good ones, but there frozen cause they didnt sell, trying to find some where else. B-)