Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Pate Setter VS CGS WOO2

Options
The BGE plate setter for the XL grill is huge and leaves about a 2" gap (im not home to measure) around the edges for the heat to rise to the dome, since the grate is 24" I would guess the PS is about 20" +/- across in diameter. Now with the WOO2 and a 17" stone as the plate setter this obviously leaves a BIGGER gap for the heat to rise. Is there any positive or negatives to either setup or do they both wash each other out? One would think the WOO2 is the way to go for more air flow.
XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    IMO, more direct heat protection is better than less.  The exception being when you have too much and a steady fire can't be maintained.  It allows for more indirect space ncluding a larger pizza stone.  Don't scoff, we were doing some tortilla pizzas not long ago and wished we had a tad more room to fit an additional tortilla on.  Either way, your egg should be able to reach the high temps you want.
    Flint, Michigan
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I have both. The ps offers more indirect coverage and that helps sometimes.

If I had to choose, I'd pick the woo with a stone AND a lump reducing ring. That is what I normally use. You have more options with the woo.

If you can swing it, get both. You won't regret it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.