Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's official.... MINI ordered...

Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
Finally had time and disposable income (tough to come by with a 10 month old) to make my order for a MINI from my new dealer today! Columbia eggers, they are great by the way. I ordered on my lunch break today, and will have it on Friday. Looks like I am in for a fun weekend of egging in the rain... Got the new mini and nest for $400, so saved about $75. Not the best deal out there, but a deal none the less and the service so far has been top notch. I cannot wait to take the MINI on my summer beach trip with the family. 2 weeks of mobile egging. 

Now time to order mini woo from Tommy Boy. 

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    It's not a toy. It's a serious piece of equipment, which I didn't expect when I bought mine. That all said, you are going to be tickled!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Nice- congrats!  One of these days I will add one to the collection...

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Nice, you will enjoy. I need to pull the tiger on a large.
    Seattle, WA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    How about the $50 you owe me first [-O<
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Awesome man! Woot woot!! \:D/

XLBGE 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    Congrats on the mini! I hope to add a small before long.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Sweet.
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Disposible income...I know what ya mean chubbs, I got two young daughters my egging interest are slower than most but i'm just about there.Congrats man!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Chubbs
    Mickey said:

How about the $50 you owe me first [-O<

$50? I thought it was $200!! Please return the $200 check that is in the mail and I will send you 50 reserve notes in return. B-)
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    congrats don't let the mini size limit your cooks.....it is one cooking workhorse
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Oh sooooooo jealous right now. You lucky dog.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Congrats! Look forward to seeing greater cooks coming out of that tiny wimey mini egg :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Nice! Meals away from home just got better! B-)
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Wahoo! Congrats!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    I can't believe you haven't just built one yet. Just wished you lived next door.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    :-bd You are gonna love it!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chubbs
    Thanks guys. Pretty pumped. Now I need to build my table to hold large and mini.
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    caliking said:
    I noticed you said you "left work early" to go to Central Market the other day on another thread.....if you worked a little harder, you too could have a Mini.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Springram said:
    caliking said:
    I noticed you said you "left work early" to go to Central Market the other day on another thread.....if you worked a little harder, you too could have a Mini.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    Now THAT'S tacky !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Springram said:

caliking said:

Springram
    Spring, Texas

Ouch b-(

XLBGE 
  • Who wants to work when you got a pool?
    Gittin' there...
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168

Who wants to work when you got a pool?

I filled mine in because me & Wilma didn't use it much & I got tired of being the only one cleaning it. I kept telling my teenager "If you won't help me, I'll fill it in." That worked for a couple of years, then I said it again after pulling off the winter cover a couple of years ago and her reply was "Yeah, you should do that." Done deal!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Who wants to work when you got a pool?
    I filled mine in because me & Wilma didn't use it much & I got tired of being the only one cleaning it. I kept telling my teenager "If you won't help me, I'll fill it in." That worked for a couple of years, then I said it again after pulling off the winter cover a couple of years ago and her reply was "Yeah, you should do that." Done deal!
    Fred,

That was me, EXACTLY !  My wife went in it maybe twice a summer, and I was stuck with cleaning it.  I told her I'd fill it in if she didn't help or use it more.

Now, I've got a great vegetable garden where it used to be.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Congrats, I'm green with envy.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    @Springram: touche, my friend! :)). Just for that, they should go light on the sedation next time.

I won't be filling my pool in anytime soon. Maintenance is not too much to do. I like swimming in it, especially on weekend mornings, with smell of meat and woodsmoke in the air. Plus cooking by it is better (and cheaper) than therapy.

Maybe thats how I should pitch it... Buy a mini wuth all the $ $ saved on shrinks...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JWBishop
    JWBishop Posts: 12
    I'm with caliking on the pool. I enjoy sitting by that sparkling water while sipping a good drink and cooking on the egg. I don't mind the maintenance, enjoy outside work. Especially now that I have retired.
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
     Put the CRS mini woo ring and couple of 8.5" pizza stones from Amazon and you will have an awesome grill.  I also use my mini as a smoke generator for cold smoking on my large BGE.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    caliking said:
    @Springram: touche, my friend! :)). Just for that, they should go light on the sedation next time. I won't be filling my pool in anytime soon. Maintenance is not too much to do. I like swimming in it, especially on weekend mornings, with smell of meat and woodsmoke in the air. Plus cooking by it is better (and cheaper) than therapy. Maybe thats how I should pitch it... Buy a mini wuth all the $ $ saved on shrinks...
    Light sedation? Anything but that!!!!  No! No!,  take off all the the time you want.
    LBGE and Mini
  • Chubbs
    egger ave said:

Put the CRS mini woo ring and couple of 8.5" pizza stones from Amazon and you will have an awesome grill.  I also use my mini as a smoke generator for cold smoking on my large BGE.

Got a pic of cold smoke with mini?
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Chubbs said:
    Got a pic of cold smoke with mini?

I will try to post one shortly.

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein