Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple but tasty

Options
We have been kinda hittin the healthy side of eating lately, you know with bikini season and everything rapidly approaching.
So tonight was eggplant, tomatoes and feta cheese drizzled with balsamic glaze. It was supposed to have basil but our herb garden hasn't totally kicked in and the store was out of it. I also did a mix of sweet peppers in my new veggie basket.
This pic is only half of what I cooked. Details to follow.

And the plated pic

The rest if the story is my wiff always tells me that the veggies always taste to smokey off the egg. Tonight I did mine on the egg and hers on the gasser(scold me if you must) and kept them separated when I brought them in. When she finished her first one she grabbed an egged one next and unknowing of what I had done told me her second on tasted better. Haha. And that is the rest of the story.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Nicely done!! Everything looks fantastic except for that Coors Light.  Ha ha.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    That looks pretty good, but where is the food?
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Other than vertigo, that looks great.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @Doc - vertigo?? I don't understand.

analyze adapt overcome

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    That looks great simple but tasty indeed! I like that you split your veggies on two grills. I cook for picky eaters all the time and I like your style!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    @Solson005 - you know what they say "Happy Wiff = happy life".

analyze adapt overcome

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited May 2013
    Options
    When Doc tips his head to the left to view your pics, he gets dizzy, I think it is the adult beverage with and after dinner, but I will believe him if he claims to have vertigo.....

nice veggies - always do ours on the gasser, our feta takes on smoke in a way we don't enjoy. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The pics come up sideways for me.
    %-(

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks great.  i love some grilled veggies.  I am usually enjoying them on top of a hunk of meat or pizza...which is probably why I don't look so good in a bikini! 

:-&

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mattman3969
    edited May 2013
    Options
    sorry Doc!!! When I look at them on the iPad they are turned correct thats why I didn't understand

analyze adapt overcome