Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sirloin Steaks

Options
JeffM
JeffM Posts: 103
Sirloin Steaks are on special this week at Fresh Market, but I am not sure of what to do with them.   Any favorite ideas out there in eggland?

Comments

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    They make eggcellent fajitas and kababs. Among all the other goodness.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

Oh ! And I need to get my lazy butt over there to get me some.

:D

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Canada's favourite steak. You can hot tub and sear or do the roast and sear. My favourite is on a cast iron skillet really hot, but I like rare

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options

Love sirloin myself and that's most of what we cook when doing steaks.  I just lightly season with olive oil and a little salt and pepper (or whatever your seasoning of preference is), get the Egg up around 700*, sear each side for two minutes on the main carbon steel grate, then flip again and shut everything down for another three minutes for medium or so, four minutes if you want them a little more done.   

We usually cook them for a steak meal, but Aviator is right, sirloin is great for steak fajitas.  We always use our leftovers for exactly that. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer