Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Gluten Free Pesto Pizza

TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,198

So the wife and I have been eating healthy the last few weeks and it is paying off (Already lost 8 LBS). Well I wanted a pizza bad tonight and I saw this gluten free pizza dough at Jimmy's (Local Itallian Market in Dallas) and I had to try it. The first pie I made was my homemade pesto, Jimmys spicy sauasge, thin sliced new potatoes done up in a little EVOO with rosemary in the skillet, and then topped with some gorgonzola. Second Pie was Pesto, Prosciutto, Tomato, and some Mozzarella.

I am not sure how healthy it was but cutting out the gluten helped a bit. This was my first attempt at doing a pesto pie and the wife said this will be made many more times in the future.

We only ate one pie in total so I have some left overs for lunch tomorrow. I will sleep well knowing that tonight.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments