Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

13CI

Hi all.....I am looking for options besides my bge dealer for the 13" cast iron grid for my spider to sear down low.The dealer is asking $59.00 is this the going rate? Anywhere else it could be had for a little less or is this the going rate??

thanks.

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    I paid $35 for my mine at my dealer about a year ago. I love using it on my spider.
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Suggested retail on the west coast BGE price sheet is $51.99.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593

Right on thanks....a little mark up there but what can ya do.Hopefully ill get a few good ribeyes seared off and make it all worth it in the long run!!!

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    I paid closer to @chrisnjenn $39 at my dealer a year ago. If you have a couple of bge dealers around you, ask around and see whether you can get it cheaper.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    I paid $35 for mine
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • pwg56
    pwg56 Posts: 93
    $45 including tax in NJ just this week....
  • CANMAN1976

On second thought maybe I am getting fleeced here:( (

No surprise tho.... everything cost more for us canucks....my egg is going to run me $1200.00 in a few weeks so im not surprsed that the grid is pricey to.

Going to have the grid anyways just got to sneak that and the AR combo into the house without swmbo noticing it and pretend it all came with the egg lol!!!

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    edited May 2013
    you have two other options:
    1. get an old cast iron grid from a gasser, cut off the corners to fit the spider.
    2. c'mon down and get it at at 20% off :) ... http://www.biggreeneggtoronto.com/id101.html
    canuckland
  • CANMAN1976
    you have two other options:
    1. get an old cast iron grid from a gasser, cut off the corners to fit the spider.
    2. c'mon down and get it at at 20% off :) ... http://www.biggreeneggtoronto.com/id101.html
    Id love to comon down canugghead but using the bulk of our savings on a bge is bad enough and using our airmiles to fly to Toronto would be a death sentance for sure lol
    b-(

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Country pricing, you gotta love it - if you are a distributor/retailer. 
    Unfortunately, you can't just drive across the border, spend a couple nights and bring a LBGE back duty and tax free. The cost of the two nights and egg in the US is less than the egg alone in Canada. 

Like @CANMAN1976 says "Going to have the grid anyways just got to sneak that and the AR combo into the house without swmbo noticing it and pretend it all came with the egg lol!!!" - this is OK, as any of us married guys knows, SWMBO has been doing something similar to us for years. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    - this is OK, as any of us married guys knows, SWMBO has been doing something similar to us for years. 
    "What?.... This?....Oh, I've had this, it's been sitting in the closet" 

Yea maybe a day just to make it truth. ;)

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    tazcrash said:
    - this is OK, as any of us married guys knows, SWMBO has been doing something similar to us for years. 
    "What?.... This?....Oh, I've had this, it's been sitting in the closet" 

Yea maybe a day just to make it truth. ;)

Or::::::::::::::::: Look what I just won on the forum
    $-)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387

No surprise tho.... everything cost more for us canucks....my egg is going to run me $1200.00 in a few weeks so im not surprsed that the grid is pricey to.

Going to have the grid anyways just got to sneak that and the AR combo into the house without swmbo noticing it and pretend it all came with the egg lol!!!

"in a few weeks"....you have been waiting a loooooong time for that egg. OT - How did your table turn out by the way?
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • CANMAN1976

"in a few weeks"....you have been waiting a loooooong time for that egg. OT - How did your table turn out by the way?

Waiting and waiting yes...but my wait is almost over fathers day is the weekend I get my egg can't wait.I must hold some sorta record with 170 posts before I even get the damn thing!!  You can't say I didnt do my homework beforehand :)

Getting the table the same w/e as well with the father in laws help.