Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Eggfest 2013 - The Movie

I'm playing catch-up after two of my computers went out and had to be recovered from the ground up. It knocked out my video editing ability but I'm slowly getting things back to normal.

Meanwhile, we attended the Texas Eggfest in Austin over the weekend and had a great time. Met a lot of new Eggheads and learned very quickly that they brought some really good ideas with them. It was the first time ever I couldn't eat another bite.

I may have been the only one taking photos because I haven't seen any better than mine. So here's what I put together so y'all will know we had a good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFIwJy_XWjY

Enjoy.

Spring "Cecil B. Coop DeVilla" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Great pictures!   It was a pleasure meeting you and Spring Hen!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255

Thanks Kristi.  We finally got to meet you.  It was on our 'sure-to-do' list Saturday.

Hope to see you around the Eggfest circuit.  Our next one is in Hiawassee, Georgia.  It's a lot of fun.

Spring "Making The Rounds" Chicken

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Again, a great presentation Spring "Cecil B. Coop DeVilla" Chicken !!  Congrats.  The dealer should have this running full time near his egg display....
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Again, a great presentation Spring "Cecil B. Coop DeVilla" Chicken !!  Congrats.  The dealer should have this running full time near his egg display....
    If the crowd at the dealer was any indication...... I think he was happy with the turn out. 

While watching I kept saying to myself... met them, him, them..... 
    Great slide show. Thanks
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Nice photos and slideshow Spring Chicken!  It was great meeting you and Hen.  See you next time.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • okienine
    okienine Posts: 43
    Look like all had a great time! Nice job on the photos!
    McAlester, Ok. Large and Mini Egg
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Thanks Leroy, it was good to see you and love the images. Are you still checking the refrigerator light? I do that a couple of times a night these days.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited April 2013
    Thanks Leroy! Great seeing you guys again. Good times had by all for sure
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Very nice production again, Leroy! You need to hang around the after-party at the GA Mt. Eggfest a little longer this year.........you could get some real juicy stuff!! :))
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Thanks for posting this. It lets those of us who could not attend live a little vicariously.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Super Leroy. I knew I was going to miss a good one. Thanks for it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Nice job Leroy! Sorry I missed this one. My surgery has been a bit%h but the recovery is coming along. Start rehab today. Again great job!

Ricky

Boerne, TX