Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

blueberries

fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
steak023.jpg
<p />anyone have something different to do with blueberries, not the average thing like pancakes or pies as ive had my fill. maybe a good mixed drink or some sort of glaze or anything different. have lots and will be cooking them somehow this coming weekend. my marinated tuna steaks with the blueberry tomato lemon marinade and sauce will be on the menu.
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    fishlessman,[p]Car Wash Mike
    22311 S. River Ridge Road
    Peculiar, MO 64078[p]I love blueberries. Ice Cream[p]Mike

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    fishlessman,
    make yourself a white chocolate bread pudding and make a Blueberry Zinfandel Sauce
    Cook 1/2 gal of blueberries, 1 bottle of zin, and 2 cups of sugar. Make an excellent blueberry syrup.

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    fishlessman,
    Blueberry cobbler! Let me know if you'd like the recipe.[p]Ken

• fishlessman,[p]You could make pepper jelly out of them. Use the recipe given
    in the Sur Jel package and add a few seeded and pureed
    chiles to the mix - japs or habs or ? It goes great on toast
    and also on cream cheese with crackers.[p]You might think about adding a bit of Chef Wils syrup to your
    margarita for a bit of fun and color.[p]

• fishlessman, ""anyone have something different to do with blueberries"".[p]Yes indeedy. Pick 'em all and send them to me.[p]OverNight Express would be best, thank you.[p]Man, those look good.[p]LVM

• This one sounds so good, I might try it myself! Easy to adapt to an outdoor cooker.[p]Fresh wild blueberries are not only delicious, but are extremely good for you. Lucky dog![p]Lee[p]Blueberry Stuffed Cornish Game Hens[p] 8 Cornish game hens, thawed
    salt and pepper
    1/4 cup oil
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/4 cup Angostura bitters
    4 cups fresh blueberries
    4 teaspoons sugar
    1/2 cup butter or margarine
    8 small bay leaves[p]Sprinkle game hens inside and out with salt and pepper. Mix oil, lemon juice and Angostura bitters; brush game hens with mixture inside and out. Fill each bird with 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Sew or skewer opening and place in shallow roasting pan. Spread soft butter over breasts of birds and place bay leaf on butter. Roast in a preheated oven (350°F) for one hour or until leg is easily moved.[p]Yield: 8 servings

• fishlessman,We lay a sheet pan in the freezer and then put a layer of berries on it. Once froze, we take a few wash them in cold water, quickly drain on a paper towel, and then roll in powdered sugar. Makes a great treat. Also eat them frozen right out of the freezer.

• billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    I don't have anything for you but I feel healthier looking at the plicture
  • DTM
    DTM Posts: 127
    Hey Ken,
    I would like the recipe please. We pick wild huckleberries up here and I think it would be great in a cobbler.
    Thanks
    Dan

• make Blueberry preserves, using lemon, sugar & some fruit pectin - save the jars in the fridge for several month & use as a bread spread, pancke topping and even with some pork dishes.
  • Brutus
    Brutus Posts: 10
    BlueSmoke,[p]Trust me on this...if its the same as Ken did in Ocala, you want the recipe...come to think of it, how come I didn't get that recipe, we grow lots of blueberries![p]Larry
  • Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Brutus, I'm still recovering from the "dessert" leg of that debacle a month ago ;) But, YES, that recipe is AWESOME!

• fishlessman
    BlueSmoke,
    i would very much appreciate that recipe

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Car Wash Mike,
    nothing beats homemade ice cream, ill see if i can get my sisterinlaws icecream maker up there, maybe even ask nice and see if she will make me some

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Chef Wil,
    ill do that first night, looks easy and would be good on just about every thing mentioned

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    K_sqrd,
    blueberry pepper jelly, thats why i like this forum. thats a must, thanks

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Poppasam,
    i freeze as well, there great for a fast treat, especially when my nieces are over. my sisters daughter cant eat enough of them

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    QSis,
    sounds like a great recipe to try, havent had game hens in a while.

fukahwee maine

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    BlueSmoke,
    I for one would like the recipe, I have heard yours is the very best. TIA

• Brutus
    Brutus Posts: 10
    Rumrunner,[p]I'm still recovering from the appetizer round. Not to mention the salad cabin, the main course cabin and then of course the wonderful deserts! Wasn't there some wine too?[p]Larry
  • Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Brutus, I DO believe there was some wine, beer and rum involved. If I remember correctly ;)