Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need help, BGE Lid

The lid on our XL BGE has come out of adjustment and we have no idea on how to gert it back to normal. I will try and post some pics to help you all see what is going on here. Any help would be much appreciated!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Raxus65/052-1.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z300/Raxus65/050.jpg

Chuck

·

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,140
    i dont have an xl so i could be wrong, but when my large did that it was a warranty issue, maybe send them that first pic and ask
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,322
    Never seen one that bad. Looks like the whole hinge assembly is bent.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • RaxusRaxus Posts: 21
    Lovely. Who do I send the pics to?
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,140
    ive done it two ways, called bge and sent them a pic and they shipped out the part. i think they now prefer you to go through your dealer, same deal, send them a pic. either way i would send bge the pic and try to get them to respond in writing as you will have less problems at the dealer if its preapproved. i believe it was john at bge that handled the problems, dont know if he is still there. in the past there was someone watching the forum and they would simply email you for your shipping addresss, i dont think the new owners are watching anymore but maybe
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Like Fishless said, I'd go to your dealer first but email the Mothership too!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • RaxusRaxus Posts: 21
    Only orob is the dealership I bought mine from doesn't sell BGE's anymore

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,322
    You can include that in your e-mail to the Mothership.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·