Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

The Porker

OwossoeggerOwossoegger Posts: 88
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Since my wife didnt want to make her a special anniversay dinner on the egg, I took her out to an award winning BBQ joint near detroit on our way to see the Tigers play.  The Union Woodshop is the name.  I got the porker.  Here is the listing from the menu.  It was huge and delicious!  I'm going back there again for sure.  

*THE PORKER - House ground pork patty, house made MI maple bacon, house made hot link, pickled chilies, Woodshop cold smoked cheddar, South Carolina mayo $10.95 (SERVED MEDIUM)

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Looks like you didn't walk away hungery!!  What did that S.C. mayo taste like?
  • That looks good.  Have you ever made it to Slow's BBQ?  I saw their Sandwich the Yardbird on Adam Richman's best sandwich in America.  It looked amazing.  I tried to see if I could buy their mustard sauce online.  No dice.
  • OwossoeggerOwossoegger Posts: 88
    edited April 2013
    @charlietuna, the mayo had a good tang, but the pickled chilies made the whole sandwich taste great.  Im going to have to pickle my own. 
    CantonDawg  i havent but its on my list.  so is vensetta garage in royal oak.
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,677
    I've been to Slow's and love it.  Great BBQ and a great craft beer selection.

I'll have to put the Union Woodshop on the list for the next trip.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio