Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Big Green Egg - Custom Lump Charcoal Ring

Comments

• tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    I think I like it.  Would it create a hot spot in the middle of the grate?
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
    ·
  • bakoquebakoque Posts: 37
    Looks like it would work the same way as the lump reducing ring for the XL.
    ·
  • BigGreenBBQBigGreenBBQ Posts: 109

There are a few being sold on eBay - you can buy the sheet of metal at home depot for under $20 (enough to make two large or one xl size). I made one but don't have a welder so I used metal ties. Works to reduce lump.  Mine is pretty rusty now (after only a year). It will last a few more months but its not that useful to me. Just make sure its not Zinc - will put off a nasty vapor which could affect the taste of you food. 

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,622
    I don't know how much it would reduce lump though. Seems like it would burn faster since a larger surface area would be exposed to a larger air space?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • As much as I like the lump reducer concept on the XL, not sure the Large is in need of such a contraption.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·