Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Chicken for weekend party..

Hello all, 

Couldn't make the eggfest, but I still cooked for a party. Lollipop chicken in crack sauce & Chicken ABTs

Lollipop chicken:

Crack sauce - 1/2 bottle Teriyaki sauce, 2 whole jalapenos (prefer 3-5 serranos - seeds in), 3-4 garlic cloves.  If I'm feeling fancy I add cilantro and onion.
(Try it once and you're hooked)

Marinaded for an hour before cooked.
Cooked raised/indirect at 350 until 165 IT, mopped every 10 minutes until the sauce ran out..

Chicken ABT recipe was stolen from recent posts.. one simple mod.
Jalapenos filled with cream cheese (no goat cheese) and Monterey Jack
Wrapped in boneless/skinless  chicken thigh
Wrapped in bacon
Cooked raised/ indirect at 350 until 165 IT -
Once done, moved into direct to crisp bacon - this happened quickly.

The lollipop chicken went very fast - I sliced the chicken ABTs into 1/2 inch discs to serve.  They went slower at first - then someone put some lollipop chicken crack sauce drippings on them.  They went very fast after that.  I'll have to do chicken ABTs in crack sauce next time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
·

Comments

• sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 913
    And the Chicken ABTs.. I didn't capture all the prep since it was already posted last week from original chefs..
    Chicken ABT.JPG
    1296 x 968 - 342K
    Chicken ABT start.JPG
    968 x 1296 - 251K
    Chicken ABT crisp.JPG
    968 x 1296 - 313K
    Chicken ABT plate.JPG
    968 x 1296 - 324K
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    Nice cook friend.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • It all looks great.  The  lollipop chicken is next on my list to try.

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,370
    It all looks great.  For the crack sauce- you just mix the ingredients in a food processor? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  • Yes, I mix it very fine. I use a handi blender, but whatever works!

I love the lollipops, haven't done then recently.
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 482
    Hey Chilly Willy! That's a nickname I was given by a coworker back in '75. Well all these years later I'm still Chilly. That's how I'm programed in their phones 

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·