Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken for weekend party..

Hello all, 

Couldn't make the eggfest, but I still cooked for a party. Lollipop chicken in crack sauce & Chicken ABTs

Lollipop chicken:

Crack sauce - 1/2 bottle Teriyaki sauce, 2 whole jalapenos (prefer 3-5 serranos - seeds in), 3-4 garlic cloves.  If I'm feeling fancy I add cilantro and onion.
(Try it once and you're hooked)

Marinaded for an hour before cooked.
Cooked raised/indirect at 350 until 165 IT, mopped every 10 minutes until the sauce ran out..

Chicken ABT recipe was stolen from recent posts.. one simple mod.
Jalapenos filled with cream cheese (no goat cheese) and Monterey Jack
Wrapped in boneless/skinless  chicken thigh
Wrapped in bacon
Cooked raised/ indirect at 350 until 165 IT -
Once done, moved into direct to crisp bacon - this happened quickly.

The lollipop chicken went very fast - I sliced the chicken ABTs into 1/2 inch discs to serve.  They went slower at first - then someone put some lollipop chicken crack sauce drippings on them.  They went very fast after that.  I'll have to do chicken ABTs in crack sauce next time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
·

Comments

• sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 963
    And the Chicken ABTs.. I didn't capture all the prep since it was already posted last week from original chefs..
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168
    Nice cook friend.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • It all looks great.  The  lollipop chicken is next on my list to try.

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,107
    It all looks great.  For the crack sauce- you just mix the ingredients in a food processor? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • Yes, I mix it very fine. I use a handi blender, but whatever works!

I love the lollipops, haven't done then recently.
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 497
    Hey Chilly Willy! That's a nickname I was given by a coworker back in '75. Well all these years later I'm still Chilly. That's how I'm programed in their phones 

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·