Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

So there I was...

BakerManBakerMan Posts: 154

Cooking pizzas at 650 degrees.  I had just placed the third pie on the Egg and tuned my back.  A minute later I heard the sound of cracking ceramic and something inside the Egg falling.  I was picturing a broken firebox or fire ring.

Whew!  Just my 20 year old Pampered Chef pizza stone.  I know everyone says not to use these.  I have been cooking pizza once a week on this one for 1.5 years. 

Any recommendations on what I should replace it with?

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
·

Comments

• BGE has good stones and so does www.ceramicgrillstore.com .  Good luck!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • +1 on the stone from ceramic grill store. It can also be pared with a spider for use in place of the plate setter.
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,727
    I use the BGE

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 605
    Perhaps the new 1/4"  baking steel.  Waiting on mine to arrive.

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 356
    Old Stone
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    edited April 2013
    I am also waiting for my baking steel. Hope it's good or I just bought an expensive heavy 21 inch frisbee.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    I've been using the BGE stone for a year now and no problems.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • PM sent.
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
    ·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,755

Since just a sliver of that one came off why not still use it?

·