Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Simple Tuna Steaks

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 1,486

Nothing fancy tonight, and these were not sushi-grade....so decided to cook them to about medium.  Still turned out pretty dang good.  ;)  Gave them a marinade of Lemon Juice, EVOO, fresh Garlic, dried Thyme, dried Basil, dried Oregano, Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper. 

I only had a little bit of coals left, so I used the spider to lower the grate tonight...

Served up with my wife's Fettuccini Alfredo....I swear, she makes the best Fettuccini Alfredo known to mankind....  :D

Like I said, this wasn't Sushi-grade Tuna, so I didn't feel comfortable giving it a quick sear.  I prefer my Tuna more rare, but the cheaper stuff still tastes great even when cooked to a more medium temperature.  ;)

The marinade was terrific.  Nice, lemony and fresh tasting.  Definitely a repeater!

Comments