Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Simple Tuna Steaks

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,582

Nothing fancy tonight, and these were not sushi-grade....so decided to cook them to about medium.  Still turned out pretty dang good.  ;)  Gave them a marinade of Lemon Juice, EVOO, fresh Garlic, dried Thyme, dried Basil, dried Oregano, Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper. 

I only had a little bit of coals left, so I used the spider to lower the grate tonight...

Served up with my wife's Fettuccini Alfredo....I swear, she makes the best Fettuccini Alfredo known to mankind....  :D

Like I said, this wasn't Sushi-grade Tuna, so I didn't feel comfortable giving it a quick sear.  I prefer my Tuna more rare, but the cheaper stuff still tastes great even when cooked to a more medium temperature.  ;)

The marinade was terrific.  Nice, lemony and fresh tasting.  Definitely a repeater!

·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Thats perfectly done for me!!  Not too rare, just right!  And i am sitting here with four nice tuna steaks in the freezer !! 
    ·
  • ddeggerddegger Posts: 244
    =D>
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,453
    Looks amazing
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 442
    "You can toon a piano , but you can't Tuna Fish!" Well done my friend =D>
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,855
    That looks awesome!! \m/

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,667
    Perfect  =D>

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • KruegsKruegs Posts: 128
    @dyal_sc what temp did you cook these to?  They look great!
    XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Beautiful!  Does your wife make the sauce homemade?  I've tried about 4 different alfredo sauces and I'm always looking for something different.
    ·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    This is definitely a book mark!  Thanks for the post
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982
    Woo Doggie!! Them's somoe good looking fishy steaks @Dyal_Sc!! You done good. I'd like me a plate of that pasta. Would love to hear the wifey's recipe. The best one we've ever done was the Pioneer Woman's. So ready to get a plate of pasta, getting closer every day.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Wow! That is a great addition to some Alfredo, nicely done sir!  ^:)^
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    love tuna love alfredo!!! good job!! ^:)^
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,582

Thx, ladies and gents! 

@Kruegs, I'm not quite sure of the temp.  Just sorta poked them and eyeballed them.  I also flaked into one of them while it was on the grill to make sure I didn't overshoot them too much.

@EddieK76 and @Griffin, my wife found a copycat recipe of the Olive Garden Alfredo on Pinterest.  HERE is an online copy.  The only thing my wife does differently is add more freshly grated parmesan than the recipe calls for.  It's tasty stuff....It is killer with leftover blackened chicken.  :)

·