Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pizza and cobbler on a Sunday afternoon

Nothing like a fresh, football-shaped vegetarian pizza (strange shape but great pie) and a homemade CI dutch oven cobbler to start the new week off right.imageimage
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Like to have some of that cobbler right now!!!   Looks great.
    ·
  • ddeggerddegger Posts: 244
    Thanks!  Have done the cobbler three times now and it's come out better each time.  I think I'm in the zone on this one....simple recipe, fantastic results.  I like the baking on the EGG thing.
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,421
    I'd love to have both the pizza and the cobbler right now!  =P~   You guys and gals are killing me tonight! 
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Cobbler looks great.  Share the recipe?
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Was having "pizza make aheads" tonight!!  Made dough for two pizzas about a week ago, the wife put the two pizzas together.  We really enjoyed them and were commenting on the second pizza when i discovered "hey, there's no sauce on this pizza!".  But i'm telling you it was great!!  So great, we have decided to try the next ones the same way................................?? 
    ·
    @Tjcoley: got the recipe from a thread I bookmarked by @ROC. Should be here: https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1149282/do-cobbler#latest Simple but great.
    ·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    @ddegger I have been looking for a cobbler recipe to do in my CI dutch oven. This sounds great!the What did you do the last time that made it better than the first?
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Great looking pie and cobbler. I personally think mishapen pizzas taste better. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Looks great!   The cobbler looks amazing!
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Looks great! Amoeba shaped pizzas are the only way to go! (or at least at my house) Cobbler might have to be the next dessert I make on the egg, its been too long!  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
    Thanks all!
    @Randy1:
    1. I found that spraying the sides of the DO with a little olive oil helped form a nice caramelized edge. 

2. I also let the DO get really hot before I started - I basically put it in as soon as the flames died down and I closed the lid. 

3. I had been doing it raised indirect (mostly because that was the way the EGG was set-up for the dinners and I just made cobbler after).  It worked much better to go with the grid on the PS - not raised (raised caused the top to get a little too brown).

4. I did blackberry the first two times.  Blueberry came out better, mostly (I think) because they are less juicy (too much juice seems to screw up the batter a little).

good luck....
    ·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    @ddegger thanks for sharing your experience. I will try this week.
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·