Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Brisket

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
Put a 13.5 pound brisket on the LBGE used a rib rack to make it fit .coated with yellow mustard and black bart's brisket rub from tasty licks and red eye express and dizzy dust going with hickory and apple for smoke .BBQ guru guarding it at a grid temp of 265 over night
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,349
    Great start Phil.  Can't wait to see the results.
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    all done and sliced .didn't turn out to bad i've done better has nice flavor just a little dry tho i took it to 205 and normally i do 190/195 so thinking am at fault i shouldn't have changed anything   
    2013-04-28 11.24.25.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 3M
    2013-04-28 11.25.33.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    2013-04-28 11.37.44.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    2013-04-28 11.40.50.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Love the bark color....Doesn't look dry though to me :)   So would love to see your "non-dry" brisket :)
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,001
    Good looking brisket!!! I'd have some... :)
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    @EddieK76 thanks the point was much better than the flat end 

@hapster thanks 

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,349
    Looks great Phil.  I'm still hit or miss with brisket  
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    What a great looking brisket.  I still just use Mickey's coffee rub with no mustard.  Need to try that next time.  Looks moist to me.
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,054
    Looks deeeelicious!  :D
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·