Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Slab o' Ribs

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just covered some pork ribs with yellow mustard and a rub consisting of kosher salt, sugar, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, thyme, and sage. My parents and hopefully 2 of my brothers are coming over to my lovely abode for a nice cookout. I'll choose the smoking wood with my meticulous process of whatever is for sale at the place where I get lump tomorrow as I am currently out of both![p]Made a tasty batch of Julia Child's American Style Potato Salad yesterday and am now thinking of what else I can throw on the Egg tomorrow. I actually have some nice looking pork chops in my fridge that are begging to be cooked (what, you don't talk to your pork chops???) but I don't want to overkill the cookout with too much pork. My question is, is it possible to have too much pork???[p]Cornfed

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    j0178291.gif
    <p />Cornfed, the short answer... NO, the long anwser is that you can't have too much pork at a BBQ. (or beef, or... )[p]I'm doing Teriyaki Steak & Shrimp on Bamboo for tonight. Have a great evening!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cornfed,
    Go get ya a big slab of London Broil. Marinate it tonight in Guiness, garlic, and any other goodies you wanna throw in. Grill it up like a steak. Slice thin against the grain, and serve up with a nice shroom sauce. Some JJ's rubbed thin sliced taters would go sweet with it.[p]Then do some more pork!![p]Have fun!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Let's see...ribs for dinner last night, leftover ribs for lunch today, pork butt for dinner tomorrow, bacon-laced finishing sauce brewing on the stove.[p]Too much pork? Nah. ;-}[p]Call your dinner a 'pork tasting' and have a great time.[p]Cathy

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I almost picked up a London Broil this afternoon when I was buying the ribs but couldn't find one that looked good at the supermarket at which I was shopping. Maybe early tomorrow morning I will see if the butcher at the supermarket at which I buy lump has anything that looks good. This Kings in Whitehouse Station, NJ, usually has some quality cuts o' meat. Unfortunately, it's pretty expensive but I'll definitely check to see if there are any crowd pleasers asking to be cooked.[p]I sympathize with you on the 16-18 hour work days. My work days have been easy the past month or so as I just started a new position in my company. Starting July 10th, though, it's back to night classes two days a week. Those usually consist of me leaving my apartment for work at about 8am and not coming home until around 10pm. Not a whole lot of fun, but definitely a good way to build up an appetite for some weekend grillin and chillin on the BGE![p]Cornfed
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Cornfed, Never on a holiday..[p]I trapped 4 grinnie gophers this afternoon..and its amazing how closely those little carcasses resemble bratwurst!! My back yard will never hold water due to all the tunnels burrowed thru it...:-)
    Cheers..C~W Have a great party!!

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]So, how are you planning to cook 'em? ;-}[p]Happy 4th -[p]Cathy
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Cat, They started out in a big bucket of plain water brine, but after that I kinda lost interest in em..Fed em to the neighborhood "cats"!...(insert a big laugh here) 5 of em down the tubes so to speak today...arrrrrghhhhhh! One of my neighbors so happy he is dusting my tomato plants for free...!! (Total is 15 now)
    C~W[p]