Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Demo Day-Huntsville, AL

Options
Bubba Q
Bubba Q Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Brooks and Collier/Summer Classics in Huntsville, AL will be having a Big Green Egg demo day this Saturday, Sept. 3. Anyone considering purchasing one in the area should come and check it out.[p]That being said, I am helping/organizing/cooking for them. I know a lot of you on the forum do this sort of thing often. I was hoping for some suggestions to help me plan a menu. What works good and lends itself well for this situation? I certainly would appreciate any suggestions you may have.[p]Thanks,[p]Bubba
[ul][li]http://huntsville.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.summerclassics.com[/ul]

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    BubbaQ,
    A lot depends on how you want to structure the demo, and how many Eggs you can use.[p]We wanted to do some of "everything"; pork, beef, fish and chicken, as well as bread, veggies and fruit. We cooked baby backs the day before and reheated them on an Egg, so we could have something in people's hands from the very beginning. The bread was also done ahead. We T-rexed a flank steak, planked a salmon filet, and did wings direct. While that was working, we grilled portabellos, as well as pineapple rings and peach halves.[p]Working out the timing was the hard part. We were definitely helped by having friends to help out, and by using large, small, and mini Eggs.[p]HTH
    Ken

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    BubbaQ,[p]Sounds great. I always try to have an indirect egg and a direct egg. I like to show the versatlity that way. I can have a chicken or turkey that will feed a good crowd but can hold until they are there. It's not about feeding them lunch, it's about showing off the egg. For that reason avoid the easy stuff like sausage. I avoid wings too, they are too expensive. Sometimes I do drumsticks instead. They're way cheaper.[p]I also like to cook things that will get people's attention, something different. Portabellos are good, a stuffed pork loin is good, fruit is eggsellent. I also have something thin and quick around. If a customer is ready to buy something big, I'll give him a little extra attention and cook him a thin pork chop so he sees how quick it is. [p]Last tip, buy a boneless pork loin at Sam's for about $17. Cut it in to six thin chops, two small roasts to stuff or plank, a few thick chops and some meat from the ends for a few kabobs. That's a lot of bang for your buck

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • BubbaQ,
    I would plan on calling everything you cook blackened ahead of time, so you can play it off after you take those crisp birds and chops off the egg. You are known for your crispy filets!