Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

abt's

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,767
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
salsa007.jpg
<p />maybe its because i grew these peppers myself that they tasted so good, but they were much more flavorfull than the store bought. just cheese, bacon, witchyred and a drizzle of honey. took all my dads advice for growing things and threw it out the window. just planted them forgot about them and then picked them when they were ready.
salsa009.jpg
salsa010.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]do you turn yours during the cook?[p]Todd

• Grillicious
    Options
    fishlessman, who makes "witchyred", and can you get it online?

• fishlessman
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    i dont turn them, but i cook them high in the dome where the refected heat cooks the top. the honey and the red stuff makes them look real dark also. i have been cooking direct lately with them at about 325 with cherry smoke

fukahwee maine

• Mark Backer
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]I did mine on the grid extender direct yesterday, but I think I ran them a little hot at 375. I have another batch that I will try tonight or tomorrow at your 325 and see how it goes.[p]oh, and PAM on the tray is a must. LOL
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Grillicious,
    ken stone make the stuff, highly recommended for hamburgers.

[ul][li]aka Bluesmoke[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]I'll try that!![p]My wife likes them sweet also...!![p]Another option you might try...we like Raging River, Grade B (dark) Maple Syrup,witha couple chunks of Maple![p]Shouldn't be hard to find where you are!![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Hi fishlessman,
    The reason they were more flavorful was they didn't sit at the packing house for a couple of days and didn't sit at the wholesalers for a couple of days & then sat at the retailers for a couple of days. Unfortunately that's the way store bought is, unless it's changed since I was in the wholesale veggie business.
    Cheers,
    bruce

• Crab leg
    Crab leg Posts: 291
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Those look very tasty. What kind of cheese is that?
    Seth

• fishlessman
    Options
    Crab leg,
    i kept these simple, just cream cheese.

fukahwee maine

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 148
    Options
    I just got a big green egg about a month ago, and i'm probably the youngest guy in these forums (23), but if there's one thing I know cooking, it's stuffed peppers. I probably make these a few times a month, and you can put just about anything in the cream cheese and pipe up the flavor. I started with a generic cajun seasoning and some garlic powder, but I've also tried my own fajita rub (coriander, cumin, cayenne, etc.), or simply just some chili powder (ancho!), thyme, etc. You can do whatever you want! I do appreciate the honey idea though. They look mighty tasty!

• fishlessman
    Options
    2005190733.jpg
    <p />Chris,
    those were sweet little breakfast peppers, these are my dinner peppers. xtra large whole jalopenos with seeds removed membranes intact, cream cheese, asiago cheese, pulled pork ,bacon and vidella onions. if you havent made pulled pork on the egg, heres a reason to do it. gotta love stuffed peppers

fukahwee maine

• Mark Backer
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]Looks like you do them indirect as well as high in the dome. Is that true?
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    these were really big peppers and i just got the griddle stone when i got my small egg this spring. it was an experiment, the bottoms got slightly burnt with this setup but they were still good. i mostly cook them dirrect,but i do like experimenting. i have the best luck high in the dome direct with the extended grill sitting higher on firebricks.

fukahwee maine