Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Home Cured Bacon cook today

egger ave
egger ave Posts: 721
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
Cured for a week with Maple/Chile cure.  About 20 lbs of Canadian and American bacon. Smoked at 225 for until internal temp is 150. My wife won't buy bacon anymore, 
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments

• I would still be buried under a pile of that chorizo you made yesterday if I were you. That was good stuff. I'm good on pork for awhile though. The pig was well represented in Austin yesterday
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • egger ave
    Some of the bacon and chorizo will be on it's way to Seattle and Reston VA to share with family. I work for FedEx so I can afford to ship it Express with ice packs overnight. 

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • egger ave
    I would still be buried under a pile of that chorizo you made yesterday if I were you. That was good stuff. I'm good on pork for awhile though. The pig was well represented in Austin yesterday
    I agree there was a great variety of pig cooked several ways at the Eggfest. All of it great IMHO.

Albert Einstein
  • egger ave said:
    I would still be buried under a pile of that chorizo you made yesterday if I were you. That was good stuff. I'm good on pork for awhile though. The pig was well represented in Austin yesterday
    I agree there was a great variety of pig cooked several ways at the Eggfest. All of it great IMHO.

my son got bacon at breakfast this morning and i had to turn away. not really sure it's the bacon's fault. who am i kidding? it's never bacon's fault. I can't stay mad at you, bacon.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Looks great. Just put 12.5lbs in the fridge to cure today. First batch was very tasty, but not what I wanted. Looking forward to #2.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,013
    Gracious, that looks fantastic!