Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sous Vide Strip Loin

I was at the local butcher shop and saw some nice strip loins on sale: -Bought two and air dried them for 4 days -Sprinkled some Dizzy Pig "Raising The Steaks" -Vacuum sealed them and into the Sous Vide at 130 for 4 hours -Made up a few "twice baked" potatoes (sour cream, tex mex cheese, bacon and chives) -When the spuds were done, small grate down on the coals, more seasoning and seared for 90 seconds per side Enjoyed this!
In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 3,860
    "Enjoyed this!"

I bet you did.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• that is a nice looking steak. gotta love the SV
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,037
    Beautiful!!  Nice work.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• GlennMGlennM Posts: 497
    Thanks,  Chicken tonite !!
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,969
    Did you use the DrybagSteak® aging product?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GlennMGlennM Posts: 497
    No, not familiar with that? I just left it on the rack for a few days in the fridge