Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sous Vide Strip Loin

I was at the local butcher shop and saw some nice strip loins on sale: -Bought two and air dried them for 4 days -Sprinkled some Dizzy Pig "Raising The Steaks" -Vacuum sealed them and into the Sous Vide at 130 for 4 hours -Made up a few "twice baked" potatoes (sour cream, tex mex cheese, bacon and chives) -When the spuds were done, small grate down on the coals, more seasoning and seared for 90 seconds per side Enjoyed this!
In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
image.jpg 1.6M
image.jpg 1.5M
image.jpg 1.3M
image.jpg 1.1M
image.jpg 1.3M
image.jpg 1.4M
image.jpg 1.2M
image.jpg 1.1M
·

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,516
    "Enjoyed this!"

I bet you did.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • that is a nice looking steak. gotta love the SV

·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    Beautiful!!  Nice work.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 396
    Thanks,  Chicken tonite !!
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Did you use the DrybagSteak® aging product?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 396
    No, not familiar with that? I just left it on the rack for a few days in the fridge
    ·