Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need Brisket Help!!!,

Have a big party next week end and the wife wants Brisket. We can't find any thing over 10lbs so far. So I picked up two, a 10.6lb and a 9.2lb one. I have a large BGE. When I lay them on the grid in the they barely fit. Will this work? Do I need a certain amount of air movement around each?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
image.jpg 1.4M

Comments

• AltonAlton Posts: 443
    edited April 2013
    @TheCen-TexSmoker. When your head clears, I really could us your advise before next week end...enjoy Austin !
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    You should be fine but you might want to rotate the grid occasionally so the same parts aren't over the exposed slots on the edges of platesetter the whole time.

That and when you get the chance, get a Woo, Adjustable Rig, or other multi-level grate system.  I've been meaning to buy one for years and still haven't :))
    Knoxville, TN
    You should be fine but you might want to rotate the grid occasionally so the same parts aren't over the exposed slots on the edges of platesetter the whole time.

That and when you get the chance, get a Woo, Adjustable Rig, or other multi-level grate system.  I've been meaning to buy one for years and still haven't :))
    I have this swing rig.. I didn't even think about it... Would this be a better way to go?
    image.jpg 1.4M
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,739
    Alton said:

I have this swing rig.. I didn't even think about it... Would this be a better way to go?
    That's how I would do it.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,905
    +1 with @Foghorn-also put some foil on your cooking grids where the brisket could be exposed to the direct heat (outside the platesetter).  Given you monitor both, unless identical twins:)  then the cook times will be totally independent.  I would run the larger one on top or you can rotate them during the cook.  (Closer to the dome on indirect is usually a hotter environment.)  FWIW-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,674
    @travisstrickland... Ask the award winner.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    henapple said:
    @travisstrickland... Ask the award winner.

@travisstrickland ?
  • Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 341
    What table??