Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Leftover Brisket Potstickers

A friend of ours is coming over for her birthday dinner tomorrow night and I needed an appetizer.   My wife and I were at the store when I saw some gyoza wrappers next to the wonton wrappers.  She and I crafted this recipe within the next minute.  I just did a test run and they were perfect. 

I just used the potsticker technique, not the flavor profiles.

Last night I cooked a 5lb brisket flat, hot and fast, using Adam Perry Lang's technique in BBQ25.  The rub was one I made up, spicy.  Fuel was hickory/cherry/lump.  3 hours at 325f, 2 hours foiled at 325, then sauced and cooked another 30 min or so until tender.

Sauced after foiling and reading to finish

Tonight, I chopped up 1/2 cup of the brisket and mixed it with 2 Tbsp au jus, 2 Tbsp corn, 1 Tbsp cilantro, 1 Tbsp roasted red pepper and 1/4 tsp of beef rub. 

Put a heaping tsp of the filling on each wrapper and sealed it up.

The pleating part took a minute to learn.  I just looked it up in Jaden Hair's Steamy Kitchen cookbook.

Then fry them in a pan in 2 Tbsp of oil for 2-3 minutes.  Add 1/4 c water, immediately cover and steam 3-4 minutes.  Then uncover and cook until the water is all gone (another minute or so).

I served them with some more au jus on the plate.  This would make about a dozen of these.

They look like regular potstickers but taste like BBQ brisket, delicious!   These are definitely going to be a repeat item at our house and I'll be proud to serve them to our guest of honor tomorrow night.
Knoxville, TN
·

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,240
    edited April 2013
    Looks flipping awesome! Great pictures!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • Man oh man...those look like they would be frigging incredible.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    =D> that just shot up to the top of the to do cook. I don't have brisket in the freezer, but pulled pork should work too.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    I have some brisket in a food saver bag in the freezer and will definitely give this a try when it get thawed!  =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,067
    Beautiful photos
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • Wow! Great pictures, fantastic cook!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·