Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SC Mustard-Based Spare Ribs

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052

I was pushing for time yesterday, so I made these hot and fast.  Somewhere between 325 - 350 deg f dome temp for just 2 - 2.5 hours.  I foiled them up for a little while somewhere in that time frame to help tenderize them a bit, without the bark getting too dark.  Then I unfoiled and finished them with a creamy SC mustard based sauce.  Everything worked out real well!  Used applewood for smoke.

Comments

• daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options
    looks good!!! so does the rub! what kind of rub is it?? :D
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Thanks, @daffy1909.  My buddy and I are trying to start up a small bbq rub company.  Haven't put anything into production yet, but the name of our business is "Blue Boys BBQ"...you can find us online and FB if you're interested.  I haven't said anything about it really on the forum...don't wanna use the forum to "pimp our product" so to speak.  :) 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Like a boss! You do us south carolinians proud!
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Mustard and or vinegar on pork. Sounds like Carolina BBQ to me. Grew up eating all kinds of pork slathered with mustard brown sugar and ??. Sauces were vinegar based. My mother was almost disowned when she brought a home bottle of Open Pit BBQ sauce from the Piggly Wiggly.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    =P~ those look awesome, I need to do ribs again soon! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    MMmm, that looks so good!  Like I said next time I'm in Kroger I'm gonna pick up some of that Carolina sauce....

Haven't had ribs in eons
    Large BGE