Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Burgers - following the crowd

BigWaderBigWader Posts: 484

With all the posting about burgers lately I changed my original plan to do Clay's Pulled Beef and decided to grind the chuck instead and make burgers.  Got a burger press for Christmas so this was the maiden voyage.  Following the burger lab theory - these are 6 oz - 100% beef, no fillers, no egg, and only lightly seasoned with DP Raising the Steaks before hitting the grill.

Ran the egg about 450 - raised direct with no added wood.

The buns were too big but the fresh beef flavour was really good.  Wish I had done cheese on mine but the overall result was way better than boxed frozen which is the usual way burgers have been done here. Not again if I have the time!

Large BGE

Comments