Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Burgers - following the crowd

BigWaderBigWader Posts: 577

With all the posting about burgers lately I changed my original plan to do Clay's Pulled Beef and decided to grind the chuck instead and make burgers.  Got a burger press for Christmas so this was the maiden voyage.  Following the burger lab theory - these are 6 oz - 100% beef, no fillers, no egg, and only lightly seasoned with DP Raising the Steaks before hitting the grill.

Ran the egg about 450 - raised direct with no added wood.

The buns were too big but the fresh beef flavour was really good.  Wish I had done cheese on mine but the overall result was way better than boxed frozen which is the usual way burgers have been done here. Not again if I have the time!

Large BGE

IMG_4195.JPG 640.9K
IMG_4197.JPG 686.9K
IMG_4198.JPG 876.2K
·

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I wish I had one of those. Nice job!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Nice looking burgers.  Can't beat fresh ground beef.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,609
    Yummy for sure...
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,381
    Nice looking burgers! Can you tell me more about your burger press please.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 577
    @cazzy - it's from William Sonoma - a stuffed burger press.  instructions call for 8 oz per burger but I thought 6 was fine.  The meat stuck until I put the wax paper on the top and bottom

Large BGE

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,258
    Good looking burgers! I see photobucket (or the forum) is squeezing your pics too eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Sometime we just need a GOOD BURGER! That looks Awesome!!! :P
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 577
    Good looking burgers! I see photobucket (or the forum) is squeezing your pics too eh?
    The forum I think.  I couldn't fix it.  I wouldn't mind a tall can of Wellington like that... but my hand looks like I'm having a reaction to something.

Large BGE

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,258
    edited April 2013
    You can edit/resize your pic's in photobucket to 800x whatever but it's a pain. That's a fine brew....breakfast of champions

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·