Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Burgers - following the crowd

BigWaderBigWader Posts: 590

With all the posting about burgers lately I changed my original plan to do Clay's Pulled Beef and decided to grind the chuck instead and make burgers.  Got a burger press for Christmas so this was the maiden voyage.  Following the burger lab theory - these are 6 oz - 100% beef, no fillers, no egg, and only lightly seasoned with DP Raising the Steaks before hitting the grill.

Ran the egg about 450 - raised direct with no added wood.

The buns were too big but the fresh beef flavour was really good.  Wish I had done cheese on mine but the overall result was way better than boxed frozen which is the usual way burgers have been done here. Not again if I have the time!

Large BGE

IMG_4195.JPG 640.9K
IMG_4197.JPG 686.9K
IMG_4198.JPG 876.2K
·

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I wish I had one of those. Nice job!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Nice looking burgers.  Can't beat fresh ground beef.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Yummy for sure...
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,244
    Nice looking burgers! Can you tell me more about your burger press please.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 590
    @cazzy - it's from William Sonoma - a stuffed burger press.  instructions call for 8 oz per burger but I thought 6 was fine.  The meat stuck until I put the wax paper on the top and bottom

Large BGE

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Good looking burgers! I see photobucket (or the forum) is squeezing your pics too eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 442
    Sometime we just need a GOOD BURGER! That looks Awesome!!! :P
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 590
    Good looking burgers! I see photobucket (or the forum) is squeezing your pics too eh?
    The forum I think.  I couldn't fix it.  I wouldn't mind a tall can of Wellington like that... but my hand looks like I'm having a reaction to something.

Large BGE

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    edited April 2013
    You can edit/resize your pic's in photobucket to 800x whatever but it's a pain. That's a fine brew....breakfast of champions

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·