Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Food Grade Spray Bottle

I am searching for a food-grade spray bottle for apple juice on ribs and such. I have used a regular el-cheapo spray bottle, but I'm concerned about it not being BPA-free. Also, it melted quite nicely the first time in the dishwasher. I'm looking for a replacement. 
The Steven Raichlen bottle on Amazon has very bad reviews. Something that can also handle oils would be nice, but plain juice is the priority. TIA.

XL BGE w/CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
North Tahoe, CA
·

Comments

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    hit up the dollar store. if you ruin it, its only a buck.  i bought like 4 and just store cider vinegar in one, water in another.  I also have a Misto for evoo and balsamic, could work for vinegar as well 

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I buy them, four to a pack at my restaurant supply store for about six bucks, adjustable spray and a strainer on the pick up tube.
    ·
  • I use an empty bottle of Windex.  Ok, I don't.  I use the dollar store version.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Dollar store brand for me also.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,615
    +1 on the Misto, works great, like @U_tarded says even for juice. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,540
    I love the Steven Raichlen spray bottle I have. Have had it over 2 years and still works great. I tried alot of different spray bottles and it put out much more liquid per spray so you can cover your food faster to get the dome closed quicker. Only down side is its not very big but I have rarely run out.
    ·
  • Lit said:
    I love the Steven Raichlen spray bottle I have. Have had it over 2 years and still works great. I tried alot of different spray bottles and it put out much more liquid per spray so you can cover your food faster to get the dome closed quicker. Only down side is its not very big but I have rarely run out.

I have been using the same bottle for the last 1 1/2 years and it works really well.
    Go Hogs Go
    ·
  • GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 398
    You mean I can't just empty out my bug sprayer and use that?

Large BGE Decatur, AL
    ·
  • Bed Bath and Beyond has a few nice ones I like.  A little pricy but it's lasted the longest.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,969
    I got this one from the grocery store. It's lasted a year so far. It's a Sprayco BBQ sprayer.

·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,540
    My fiancee got me one for Christmas one year that would spray upside down which was nice. It worked well till I broke it.
    ·
  • North_Is_UpNorth_Is_Up Posts: 123
    Thanks all. I picked up the MIsto today at a kitchen specialty store for $10, same as Amazon. 

Works well. I'll be cleaning it after each use, so I don't think the acid will be a problem. It looks like stainless steel, but it's just cheap plastic and not BPA-free.
    XL BGE w/CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    North Tahoe, CA
    ·