Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Back Ribs & Baby Back Ribs

I need help. Has anyone cooked a slab of beef back ribs and pork baby or loin backs on the Egg at the same time?

If so, is there a ballpark temp that will work?

Thanks!
Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    From my experience, they both cook under the same directions, but the pork ribs finish first.
    ·
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    Thanks Charlie. I was think maybe a Carwash Mike method starting around 220 dome for 3 hours and adjust. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I think the beef ribs have more fat in them and thats why they take so long?
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122
    The APL BBQ 25 recipe calls for 3 hours @325 for beef ribs. This includes a 15 minute rest period during the cook.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·