Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

BGE Cooking Class

Local authorized dealer holds regular cooking classes and tomorrow they have one on burgers.  It's an hour long and costs $10.  I doubt I could learn anything there that I couldn't learn here (except that it's hands-on) but for the time/money (only $10) would it be worth it?

• Do you get to eat the burger you "learn" to cook?  I doubt you can learn anything but $10 for a class and a burger isn't so bad.

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• CigarSmokinEggerCigarSmokinEgger Posts: 213
    edited April 2013
    The burger(s) is included, so may be worth the $10 :)
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 867
    It would be worth it to me just to meet others in my area who own an Egg. Who knows? You might meet a lifelong friend. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,239
    $10 ain't bad at all. Go for the comradery and get to know your dealer. he just might hook you up in the future on purchases if he knows you.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,574
    What Grif said. Doubt you will learn much but you will meet some eggers

Caledon, ON

• brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 365
    I've participated in two of the classes/demonstrations at my dealer. I picked up several tips and met like minded Eggers. A great way to spend a few hours.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Yeah I'd go for the burger, other eggers and making connections :)
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 1,279
    Sounds fun to me.
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 623
    I think it's good value - but I know I wouldn't walk out of my dealer without a bottle of rub, or firewire, or something else that catches my eye!  So plan on $10 ++

Large BGE

• DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    That is a deal.  I paid $30 for an evening class at our local dealer.  It was for a full meal, with wine and beer included.  Got a super recipe for hot potato salad, and as someone said met some nice people.  

Just be ready that there will be people there that no absolutely ZERO about grilling.