Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Settled on a Table but Need Help!

I've scoured the forum and the internet for ideas and have finally found what I want to build.  Throughout all my searches though I came across no real plans, just pics, etc. save for NakedWhiz and the one-page plan from BGE.

I have very little wood-working experience and no tools but hope to have access to a friend that has both.

Without the help I need, is there any real way to lay out plans to build what I want?  Are there inexpensive programs, etc that will help with formatting a plan? 

I've attached a pic of the table I want to see if anyone has any thoughts/input.  From the looks, I may want to be a little taller, a little longer and the cabinet to be fully open on the inside, ie, no shelf running through the middle.

Thanks in advance!

304203.jpg 113.1K
·

Comments

• lblankelblanke Posts: 8
    Google Sketchup is a free program that will help you conceptualize how to build this.  For the table above you'll definitely need someone with some decent woodworking skills and tools.
    ·
  • That's a beautiful table. I do agree with @lblanke that you may need some help if you have minimal woodworking experience and no tools. Good Luck!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    where do u live? if close to Chattanooga TN I could help ya..

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·