Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"You Can't Go There."

Options

Bad news from the family CFO (Wilma):  We really don't have enough money to go to the Toronto Eggfest (including buying passports for the family).  She said it's up to me, but the economics were against the Toronto trip from the start because the passports alone would cost $600.  While Wilma was distracted by my fiscal responsibility (ha ha) and happy about the money we saved, I placed an order for an XL AR Woo2 Combo.  Happy Birthday @tjv !  I'm gonna love the present you send me!

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Haha good one man! When you picking up the new egg? Or did I miss that

XLBGE 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Its clear that you had your sights set on that Woo2 combo along :) 

Well played, sir. :) I have much to learn.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    The rumor is my dealer will have it tomorrow (Friday).  I'm stuck at a mandatory training tomorrow, so Wilma is going to go get it.  My daughter wanted me to go to Michigan School for the Deaf tomorrow night to watch a performance.  My daughter is hearing and studying sign language.  I had to tell her because of the XL coming, I would be in full Egghead mode. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Too bad you can't make the TO trip, remember when all you needed was basic ID to cross our borders? Darn, you gotta love this global community thing, nobody trusts anybody!
    Enjoy the AR.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Guess I'll have to do the edge walk without you then! 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I was on Toledo, Ohio for work I think summer of 2009, forget exactly. Anyway whatever summer it was is when that policy changed where passport required. I went up there for just over 2 weeks and few weeks after that change. Was annoyed bc wanted to head to Canada for the weekend.
    Boom
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You have to understand with the VERY large number of Canadians coming across to bomb here and the LARGE number of us going North to do the same the governments just have to have this in place. Thank goodness for clear thinking government :-@
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
    As a Michigan resident, you can buy an enhanced Drivers License, $35...allows you to drive back and forth to Canada.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I work for government so I know this is absolutely true:  If it's done inefficiently and with tremendous stupidity, it's done by government.   Insert anything in that statement for the word "it's". 
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    As a Michigan resident, you can buy an enhanced Drivers License, $35...allows you to drive back and forth to Canada.
    I did not know that.  I'll have to call the Secretary of State (Michigan's version of the DMV).
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The EDL is issued here in Ontario as well. Here is a link to US govt. site that gives details:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.