Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

What to do with damaged egg dome/base?

The egg I bought last year has unfortunately succumbed to a manufacturer's defect - the finish flaked and chipped off. I guess it happens at times, and I'm getting a warranty replacement. A bummer, but so far have been happy with the way they've taken care of me.

But that leaves me with a dome and base. They don't look great - the finish is completely flaked off in patches - but according to BGE it's just cosmetic damage. I guess I could find someone who might want to rebuild it, but it hardly seems worth it. From what I can tell, it would take about $500 to buy all the parts, and you'd end up with an unwarranteed ugly egg.

So, any ideas on what to do with these parts? I could use them as planters, I guess. I'd love to see if I could somehow convert it into a cold-smoker, but not sure how. Or turn the base over and put a tabletop on the top? I'm open to suggestions! Seems like something creative could be done with these parts!

Comments