Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Final confirmation before first butt

So....after more than a month of ownership I finally have a free Saturday to do some butts! I've been reading threads and waiting for my chance, so I I'm ready. Just looking for confirmation from all you experienced folks to make sure I'm not missing something. Here goes: --will defrost two ~ 5lb bone-in butts tomorrow --will cover with mustard and rub of choice on Friday and allow to sit in fridge overnight --going turbo on Saturday! Will do PS legs up, grate with drip pan, then raised grate with both butts just above that. --will cook at ~275 until internal reaches 160, then foil and increase temp to 325-350 until I hit internal temp~200 or until bone pulls easily. --will FTC for an hour or so before using my bear claws to pull, hit with some good eastern NC sauce,and serve. Sound about right?? All tips and suggestions appreciated before I finally get the chance to do the cook that motivated the EGG purchase in the first place.....

Comments