Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pepper Lunch

Haven't done this in awhile.  Jalapenos from our garden.  Stuffing was cream cheese, canned salmon, and "Mexican cheese mix". 

Piled a partial load to the back of the XL so I could have direct and indirect, but ended up doing it all direct.  Done at 400 raised grid, and took about 30 minutes with a lot of flipping.

Was really good eating on the back patio, I love having all the sliders open (except when I set of the fire alarm like today).  Not many days left of open windows.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

1 ABT.JPG 2.3M
2 ABT.JPG 2.3M
3 ABT.JPG 2.3M
4 ABT.JPG 2.2M
5 ABT.JPG 2.5M
6 ABT.JPG 2.5M

Comments

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,334
    can't wait for my peppers to grow! do you feed your plants? I know this is off topic, but my first year with a small garden.

amazing cook as always!!

XLBGE 
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,708
    Looks good Doc.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,489
    can't wait for my peppers to grow! do you feed your plants? I know this is off topic, but my first year with a small garden.

amazing cook as always!!
    We compost all year long, and quarterly clean and till the garden for fresh planting.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,334

amazing cook as always!!
    We compost all year long, and quarterly clean and till the garden for fresh planting.

thank you sir! 

XLBGE 
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Looks good, would not have thought of canned Salmon, I always use chopped pork
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,336
    Nice cook Doc! I need to do those!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    I bet I can eat 6 or 8 of them. Another recipe bookmarked. Thanks
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"