Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crazy new way to light egg

Tonight I was goofing around and had some almost done for lump in my large. There was one nice sized piece. I put it in the bottom vent and lit it with my map torch. Shut the dome and everything else wide open. Came back about 15 min and had a nice ember like burn of a majority of the old coals. Was not gonna be enough to cook on so I poured a good layer of new RO on top. Smoke smoke smoke smoke!! I had a little fun burping and making smoke signals. Knowing the bottom was lit good I just shut the dome and walked away. Temp was around 300 and smoking still like crazy. Opened the down, sparks started flying like nuts!! And POOOF SHOOSH BOOM! Almost the whole layer of lump burst into flames!! I assume the embers were working on the new lump and then the added rush of oxygen it just exploded. Was freaking awesome and I had a balling fire going!! This is definitely not going to change how I light, but was super cool and will do it again some time!!

XLBGE 

Comments