Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dome Alignment

How do I align the dome on my large BGE. Thanks
·

Comments

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Jplxn4yAg&feature=player_detailpage

This video helped me out a lot....hope it helps

·
  • ThatmanThatman Posts: 8
    Thank you that helped a bunch.
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,852
    Just before you add the washers, try locking the hinge, loosen the bands, align the dome and while exerting some downward pressure (ask your significant other to be a dead weight - suggest you do not use those words) tighten the bands again. 9 times out of ten it will re-align just fine. If not, go the washer route. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,286
    It really isn't that critical...sorry

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,095
    Buy a new egg. Yours is broken. Irreggplaceable
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,032
    It really isn't that critical...sorry

my small has a big of an under bite, It worried me first, just annoying, now I don't even think about it.  the washers and shims is too much work for really no improvement. 

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·