Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Ham Steak Success w/ Pics!!

I decided to cook some large ham steaks that were about a 1/2" thick. I did them direct at 400 and cooked for 5 minutes on each side glazing after each turn then took them off.  I prepped them with a little evoo and pepper.  Glaze was coke, syrup, brown sugar, and a small small amount of butter.  These turned out really well!  Family loved them!

Seasoned with EVOO and pepper

Cooked with Apple Chips and a glaze of coke, maple syrup, brown sugar, and a small small amount of butter all warmed in microwave for about a minute

Brushed it at each flip after five minutes per side with glaze

Final Ham Steak looks like this!

The best part is that this whole steak cost about $2.50 total at Kroger.  This was enough to feed all four of us as it was huge!

Comments