Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Will never enjoy restaurant pizza again...

Made a couple pies this evening, we came to the conclusion that eating pizza out will never compare! First was Italian sausage with the rabbit food on SWMBO's half, we also did a taco pizza, didn't get pics of that one, but I believe that it is my new favorite.
McAlester, Ok. Large and Mini Egg
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Man, we don't eat out at all. My expense account is zero

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    I agree with you!  Nothing in a restaurant can compare with pizza on the BGE!!
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    BGE pizza is hard to beat - especially in today's Pizza joints!!
    ·
  • RV10FlyerRV10Flyer Posts: 135
    Looks great.  Are most of you making your own dough?

North Texas

XL BGE

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,941
    edited April 2013
    Yep. Homemade pizza rocks, even when made indoirs. Yours looks great!

[edit: not saying yours was made indoors, but that even pizza made indoors beats restaurant/commercial pizza]

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • okienineokienine Posts: 43
    The wife made the dough, she used the recipe from the BGE cookbook. This is the second go at it and both times have been great. I do have to get a pizza peel, we really fight getting them on to the stone.
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Making your own dough makes a big difference in the finished pizza!! 
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,523
    okienine said:
    The wife made the dough, she used the recipe from the BGE cookbook. This is the second go at it and both times have been great. I do have to get a pizza peel, we really fight getting them on to the stone.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,195
    okienine said: I do have to get a pizza peel, we really fight getting them on to the stone.
    Make sure to get a wooden one!  And a saltshaker full of cornmeal is helpful too (now, stop reading this thread now, before the Parchment Paper People start posting)  :P

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Cast iron skillet pizza is the bomb. I buy my crust pre-made from Walmart.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • dougbackerdougbacker Posts: 277
    Not A Parchment Paper People here  but insted of corn meal try Jiffy corn muffin mix, Went to get the corn meal and someone had used the last of it so I thought I would try the Jiffy, Worked great and added kinda a sweet flavor to it

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser
    Cyber Q WIFI

And a deck box full of toy's

·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,280
    looks great.  i want a peel just to have one but the wife put the kabosh to my egg spending for a bit.  i just use parchment and the back of a cookie sheet both on and off.
    ·
  • okienineokienine Posts: 43
    That's what we have been using is a flat baking sheet, no parchment paper, just corn meal.
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,738
    Pizza made on the egg is the best. I don't think there is any pizza joint out there that could come close. Except for a CJ"s from "Tom House of Pizza" ( it is awesome, it is in Calgary Alta) we always hit that place when we visit family there.
    ·
  • MowgliMowgli Posts: 34
    RV10Flyer said:
    Looks great.  Are most of you making your own dough?
    I always make my own dough.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    edited April 2013
    Check out the super peel and you don't even need corn meal. After one big pizza party I felt it was worth the price.

Great looking pizza!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    Outside of New York, There aren't many pizza places that come close. I have a couple locally that do it differently, but I will never order from a chain again.
    ·
  • Outside of New York, There aren't many pizza places that come close. I have a couple locally that do it differently, but I will never order from a chain again.
    Have to agree!  There are very few options for the kind of pizza I like here in Tampa but we do have 2 coal fired places that are great; Wood Fired Pizza and a Grimaldi's.  There's also a place downtown that is doing a true Neo pizza that bakes off in under 2 minutes!
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    edited April 2013

Outside of New York, There aren't many pizza places that come close. I have a couple locally that do it differently, but I will never order from a chain again.
    Oh boy do I agree. That's why I have to get my pizza skills up. 
    Luckily I found a place here in Houston with an authentic Neapolitan pizza oven @900. Pies bake in 90 seconds!
    Plus they have nutella dessert pizza. 

Family run, owner is a nice guy with a genuine passion about pizza. 

Now If I could just get him to sell me some dough balls!!!! 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·