Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Building a Table Around a Nest

Has anyone ever built a table around a Nest?  I'd hate for that to go to waste but I really want a table! 

Maybe it'd be easier just to build or source a side cabinet?

·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    I agree side cabinet but I am no wood worker.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,966
    You can certainly do that. Wouldn't be a problem. On a positive side... You could move the egg if you want to. Do it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 502
    The nest will be fairly easy to sell on craigslist.  Really nice table plans are on the internet for free.  However, there is something to be said for keeping the nest and building a little side table or a side table and a separate cabinet.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • EggHeadinFloridaEggHeadinFlorida Posts: 426
    edited April 2013
    I've been trying to sell my XL nest and a few accessories for awhile now and not a single bite lol It's all been used for a week
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    I like your idea of a side table.  If you build one post a picture if you can.  Right now I'm working on building a white oak stand with 5" wheels to replace the metal nest.  Next will be a side table.

·
  • FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 560
    I have had his idea also recently. As I thought it would be nice to be able to move the egg and have a table around it. I recall sometime last fall someone posted pics of a table they built around their egg and stand. Interested to see some of the feedback you get as I really want a table but like the nest also.
    ·
  • Mama RoneckMama Roneck Posts: 355
    Something like this? I'm considering building the same for my large.

http://www.biggreenegg.co.uk/shop/product/extra-large-rms-bartop
    Mamaroneck
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,966
    It would be cool to have a table like that with a half moon cut out to roll the egg into. Cabinets on both sides.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • mhoutmanmhoutman Posts: 39
    Dutch EGGhead and proud owner of a Big Green Egg Mini and Large
    ·
  • I built a table for my egg and repurposed my nest as a stand for a humongous pineapple plant. The pot the plant is in fits perfectly into the nest. If something ever happens to my table, I could always go back to using the nest again.
    ·
  • I built this one recently. So far, so good. Plenty of room to work, and I can move the Egg if needed. The Egg is locked in place on the deck with a 2" X 2" frame on 3 sides of the nest wheels.
    image.jpg 180.6K
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,146
    This SS table came from SAMs. I think about $100. Very handy with the two Larges (both in nests). Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·