Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Eggplant Parmesan

After the visit to the Doctor a few weeks ago the wife has told me that we need one vegetarian meal a week, so I agreed and have started working out and then finishing it with a 30 min walk.

Decided on Eggplant Parmesan (saw a thread a few weeks ago). Started the day off at 8AM by making my marinara sauce, I like a long slow simmer for my sauce. After my walk I got home around 6:30 and started the egg and Grilled my egg plant at 400 direct to get a nice char on them. I assembled the eggplant and sauce in layers and with some Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese. Topped with a little mozzarella and baked on the egg at 350 indirect for 45MIN. Served with beefsteak tomato with balsamic vinegar and fresh basil.

All in all this was a great dish, next week for vegetarian will do a veggie stir fry.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

ep.JPG 561.3K
ep1.JPG 521.5K
ep2.JPG 628.1K
ep3.JPG 479.9K
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    This really looks good and close to what i do with egg plant!!
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    can you post your sauce recipe?

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    • 2 28OZ Cans CentoTomato Puree
    • 1 28OZ Can Cento Peeled Tomatos
    • 1 Small Yellow onion diced
    • 1 Shallot Diced
    • 6-10 Garlic Cloves
    • Handfull of Fresh Basil Chopped
    • Handfull of Fresh Oregano Chopped
    • Bay Leaf
    • Pinch of salt
    • pinch of sugar
    • 1/4 cup EVOO

I like to saute up the onions, arlic and shallots at the begining with a little evoo and thn dump in the tomato sauce.

I slow cooked this for about 9 Hours and let all the spices and plump tomatos cook down. You can add if it starts getting real thick, thats what I do through out the day.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    Thanks, another recipe on my list for next week! 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,974
    Looks and sounds great! Thanks for the sauce recipe. Does the sauce freeze well?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    caliking said:
    Looks and sounds great! Thanks for the sauce recipe. Does the sauce freeze well?

Thanks, Yep on the sauce I usally make a double batch and then vacuum seal up 5 or 6 individual ones and use them for pizza nights or heat the sauce and throw in some Itallian Sausage and have spaghetti nights.

If you dont have a food saver the little rubber maid containers work as well.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·